Initial Decoder Testing

In a rush to try things out, I jury rigged a piece of test track and fired up the Digitrax Zephyr DCS50. After screwing around with the buttons for a while, I finally gave up and dug out the manual. I followed the startup tutorial in the manual and was quickly up and running. It took another trip to the manual to get the lights working. I had forgotten that the lights were under function control. The speed was uncomfortably fast so I will probably need to change some settings to limit the speed. I only shot it off the end of the test track once ... :-) I also need to figure out the address settings. I would like to have them respond to their road numbers, 8301 and 8302.


Maiden Voyage Under DCC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Track Laying

Mod-U-Rail Contents

Tortoises and Hares